Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cross stitching in progress

My year long Santa's Village is coming along. Half way through and I've stayed up-to-date.

 

I've finished a couple of other smaller patterns that I'm stitching up to be a bag to carry my iPad around work. It's obviously still in progress.

 

The first is a Black Bird Designs pattern from their Honeybee Hill booklet.

 

The other side will feature a parrot from the Fall 2008 issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework. Since parrots are native in this area, I've been collecting parrot patterns when I see them.

 

The embroidered flowers and leaves are inspired by the book Jardin Reve, jardin brode by Cecile Franconie. Her blog is absolutely beautiful, and I ordered the book from Amazon Francis. The book is well worth the hefty shipping price.

 
The lace is hand dyed by me, and the leaves and flower petals are from wool that I have been hoarding saving, as are the batiks I scored in a 5" square swap.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment