Monday, December 19, 2011

Secret Santa Scarf

We drew names for a Secret Santa exchange at work. We are an office of all women except for the student workers we have, so I knew I'd be able to make something that would be very well received.

I decided to make a crochet ribbed scarf, and I bought some lovely bamboo blend yarn when we were out of town. I started stitching the base row in the car and I guess I didn't really get a good measure of how long it was getting. It turned out super long, and the woman I made it for is pretty petite.


Ellen, who's 5'8" is modeling. Oops!

But it's so soft and squishy, the recipient loved it anyway. She doubled and quadrupled it around her neck and wore it all day!

Here it is before blocking:

The texture is so wonderful after blocking.
I will definitely make this pattern again. I want some super soft bamboo yarn of my own!

Lola thinks Finnegan is softer than a bamboo scarf:

No comments:

Post a Comment